Saturday, January 23, 2016

Carrot Cake Pancakes

(whole wheat, vegan, oil-free, sugar-free)

P ancakes are a go to midnight snack (that ends up being a meal) for my brother and me. The conversations are always pretty similar.
Brother: *enters my room* So, when are we going down for a snack?
*us making a decision to eventually go down for a snack*
Me: [in the kitchen] I feel like eating pancakes. You want pancakes?
Brother: Let's do it.
Then my brother always has to get the pancake griddle down because it's too high for me, after which he proceeds to sit down while I make the pancakes. It's a pretty fair deal.


Servings: 2-3

Ingredients

  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder (I used double acting)
  • ground cinnamon
  • ground nutmeg
  • ground ginger
  • ground cloves
  • 1 1/2 carrots, grated
  • 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks, chopped
  • 1/3 cup raisins
  • 1/3 cup pecans, broken
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 2-3 cups water

Set the heat to 350 degrees F.
Mix all of the ingredients together, adding vinegar last. Determine whether you need more water or not. You want the batter to be just thin enough to flow freely.
Spoon the batter onto the griddle.


No comments:

Post a Comment